PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF HYALURONIC ACID:
Hyaluronic acid is a substance produced naturally by the body, is present in body tissues and serves several functions:
Regulates hair growth.
Participate in healing processes.
It allows to lubricate, absorb and transport nutrients in the cells.
PROPERTIES OF HYALURONIC ACID:
- We find it located in the epidermis and it has a very important property, it is hydrophilic, that is, it is a powerful water attractant.
- In the area of dermatology, it allows our skin to remain well moisturized, provides firmness and smoothness through the lubrication of collagen fibers.
- For orthopedics, it provides mechanical stability to the joints and in ophthalmology it lubricates the conjunctiva preventing the eye from drying out.
- Thanks to these properties and functions of hydration, lubrication and cellular stability it represents a good alternative in the treatment of facial aging, improving moisturization and correcting wrinkles and folds that are marked with the passage of time.
- It is known that it is biodegradable, that is, that the same body reabsorbs it, which is very important because this allows the substance to be removed over time, preventing it from being permanent like other substances, of which we have known cases of reactions to foreign body by the same body or even migration of the substance to other parts of the body causing deformities.
REDUCTION OF HYALURONIC ACID:
As we age, hyaluronic acid decreases, which causes a reduction in viscosity which results in the appearance of wrinkles and lack of skin moisturization. For this reason, this substance is currently very commonly used in the aesthetic area and is considered a very effective and safe treatment for facial rejuvenation. It is also interesting that they know that this substance can have several densities, which allows us to have a lot of versatility and can be used from moisturizing to the skin, filling nasogenian grooves, dark circles treatment, and lip shaping or augmentation of volume if desired.
So you already know about this excellent treatment alternative and especially its safety, however, I would like to give you some tips so that you do not take risks:
- Always go to a specialist in dermatology, plastic surgery or certified aesthetic medicine.
- Confirm that the product has INVIMA registration
- Ask the doctor who will perform the treatment shown by the product, it must be in a sealed box, and inside it must come to the syringe with the product in a sterile bag.
- The doctor who performs the treatment should wear sterile gloves (they are the ones that come in a paper bag, not the ones in a box)
- And finally, these products bring a sticker with lot number and important data, this must be attached in the informed consent since it is the way that the laboratories that import or manufacture the product have control of it.